Grace and I had a craft day a few days ago, and it was awesome! She found a “recipe” on Pinterest for how to make homemade bath bombs. We ended up having to modify it, but we played around with it and they turned out beautifully. It was a lot of fun!
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED FOR EACH BATCH:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 2 tbsp scented oil
- 3-4 drops food coloring
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO:
- You can use those silicone candy molds–have them out and ready. We just shaped ours without a mold–line cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl. It’s going to fizz. It’s okay.
- Mix it up with a whisk. It’s going to get crumbly. Perfect.*
- Use your hands to shape it, or press it into molds. We used a meatballer to make them little spheres.
- Let your bath bombs sit on your baking sheets to harden. They should be ready in about an hour. Everything nearby will smell really good all day.
- We put ours in mason jars, tied ribbons around them, and wrote tags. Be creative with how you present them! They would also look cute in little baggies or in a bowl.
*The first time we did this, it was too poofy, too moist. When we tried to shape the bombs they expanded and poofed and it was terrible. If this happens, you need a little more baking soda. If by chance the opposite happens and it is too crumbly and not sticking together at all, you need more citric acid.