We´ve all heard of chipotle-mayo, haven´t we? BUT have you ever thought about chipotle-mustard? Ahaaa! I got to thinking about how good this combination would be, and concocted up this chicken that turned out beautifully.
Okay, so by now you might have noticed I´m a big fan of chipotle peppers. I use them in a lot of my cooking. I just love their rich, smoky, almost sweet flavor. Go with me, here.
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup adobo sauce
- 2-3 chipotle peppers, chopped, de-seeded
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup half and half
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- Once you´ve cubed your chicken, put it in a bowl along with the salt, garlic powder, adobo sauce, chopped chipotle peppers, cayenne, paprika and mustard. Mix it all together with a spoon, or your hands. Yes, it´s a little messy, but it smells wonderful.
- Melt butter in an open skillet over medium high heat.
- Put saucy chicken in the skillet and let it cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Add half and half, milk and cream cheese one at a time, stirring well.
- Once your sauce looks homogeneous, turn heat down to low.
- Cover and let cook for 10 minutes.
I serve this one over rice with a side of steamed broccoli. Enjoy!